Thursday, April 10, 2008

I Wish I Knew


So I was sitting here tonight, wondering why it is that old guys seem to like me so much -- like this drunk Frenchman at dinner who´s lived in Buenos Aires for 25 years and asked me if I need a companion tomorrow, or the Argentine guy who sat next to me on my 22 hour bus ride, practically bursting out of his wedding ring -- and I was wondering how the hell to connect my laptop to the Internet. I was searching on the Internet on the hotel computer -- you know, for information -- when the night manager of the Hotel Colonial here in Salta came into the parlour and started playing piano. We got to talking and within a few minutes, he was playing and I was singing. So, we have a show on Sunday night. He said he needed a couple of days for his secretary to make flyers. He insists that we play ¨New York, New York,¨and of course I will oblige him. How could I not?

Have you missed me? I have more to tell you but must first resolve my technological difficulties. Here comes more scotch. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Josh said...

Good luck with your show. When you sing "New York, New York," think about the fact that spring has sprung in NYC, which will be awaiting you upon your arrival.

Hope your adventures are fruitful and exciting. Can't wait to hear all about it.

xx,
Josh

Anonymous said...

It's probably a safe bet that the younger guys like you as well... but the older ones stand out more.

Have a fabulous show on Sunday!
Diane